Part 1: Decision Making Flowchart
Use the RCSLT flowchart to decide if face to face session is required. (www.rcslt.org)
- Contact family on the same day as visit to check that no one in the household has Covid-19 symptoms or is self isolating as advised by Contact Tracing or in quarantine following a holiday.
- Request adult present wears face covering
- Use of social distancing measures
- Undertaking appointment in a well ventilated room
- Therapist use of PPE
- Whenever possible home visits should be booked at the end of the day and therapists should avoid back to back home visits as equipment etc should be sanitised between visits.
- Appropriate PPE will be provided for staff- gloves, visors and/or masks
- Wipes and hand sanitiser provided for each therapist/assistant.
- Therapist must apply hand sanitiser before donning any PPE.
- Hand sanitiser must be applied before and after removal of PPE.
- Therapist must clean all equipment thoroughly after each use.
Part 3: School/ Nursery Visits
- Familiarise self with and adhere to settings IPC measures/ policy
- On arrival at school check on any reported cases of Covid-19 and any restrictions in place e.g. restricted movement between bubbles etc.
- Where ever possible adhere to:
- Where the above cannot be maintained (including 2m social distancing) then masks/visors should be worn and disposed of between clients.
- Equipment should be disinfected between clients. If this is not possible consider other types of equipment e.g. plastic, presented via laptop, presented with clear plastic sheet over.